Tasks & Responsibilities
We are moving to Google Cloud and we need YOU to make that move a success! The Data Engineer will be on the forefront of moving/rebuilding of our current data pipeline in the Google Cloud.
…and we have a lot of data to take care of: currently our web portals have 100 million unique visitors each month & 1 million gameplays per hour on peak hours. Our mobile games now generate around 3 million events per hour! … but this might ramp up to 50 times this amount by next year (around 1 TB /day)!
Numbers are only one aspect of the challenge: as data and its derived information is essential for the Spil Games business we need it to be clean, integrated, viable and available at all times. This is where your skills come into the picture.
Key responsibilities for this position are:
- Ensuring data quality and availability: data profiling, investigation, quality assurance and testing
- SQL heavy data engineering
- Java and Python based data engineering on streaming data
- BI/DWH data pipeline monitoring and maintenance
This is a backend data engineering position; data scientist duties are not part of the role.
- Strong ETL / Data engineering experience,
- Solid experience with ANSI-SQL (including analytical functions),
- Excellent knowledge and strong track record working with relational database systems,
- Good knowledge of GNU/Linux
- Experience with with NoSQL systems
- Java and / or Python programming skills
- Experience with the Google Cloud technology stack (Bigquery, dataflow) is a plus!
Why join Spil Games?
Level up your career—be part of a leader in the online gaming industry, where playing games is all part of a day’s work. Spil Games also offers these great benefits:
- A competitive salary and bonus system
- Flexible hours (from 7 AM till 7 PM)
- A pension and collective health insurance plan
- Reimbursement for your daily commute
- Extras, such as a fitness plan and great lunch provided by La Place
- And, most importantly, training and development programs—because when you grow, we grow with you!