Head of Game Design
Tasks & Responsibilities
The new Head of Game Design should be a charismatic leader who will energize, mentor and coach our team of experienced Game Designers. The team is overlooking three mobile titles in live phase and is also working on several titles in our mobile pipeline to be announced in the coming months.
As Head of Game Design you will be on the forefront of the mobile transition of one of the biggest Web Game publishers, currently offering gaming experiences to 100 million unique visitors each month. You will work at a company with the ambition, full focus and management support to only publish top 100 grossing mobile games.
We partner with the best game developers to get their games the audiences they deserve and we bring consumers some of the most exciting games they are ever likely to play.
The core tasks and responsibilities of this position are:
- Coaching, management and mentoring of the Game Design team;
- Organization and distribution of workload;
- Acting as sparring partner and spokesperson on behalf of the Game Design team;
- Being an expert go-to person within and outside of the Game Design team, on all Game Design related topics;
- Looking ahead, anticipating, investigating and introducing new techniques and methodologies;
- Anticipating on technical and systemic issues and the effects of such issues on other teams or projects;
- Ensuring the quality and coherence of game design documentation, be guardian of the vision, game design and system design across the portfolio
… but above all your role will be to coach, support and develop your team: give them the tools and confidence to become better professionals with every released game.
- At least 3 years of experience as a Lead of Head of Game Design with focus on free to play mobile games, combined with extensive Game Design experience;
- Demonstrable experience, designing F2P mobile games with focus on monetization, system design and in depth balancing;
- Excellent knowledge of game design principles and terminology
- Passion, affinity and knowledge of the mobile games business; track record with data driven approach to optimizing games, gameplays and engagement;
Why join Spil Games?
Level up your career—be part of a leader in the mobile gaming industry, where playing games is all part of a day’s work. Spil Games also offers these great benefits:
- A competitive salary and bonus system
- Flexible hours (from 7 AM till 7 PM)
- A pension and collective health insurance plan
- Reimbursement for your daily commute
- Extras, such as a fitness plan and lunch provided by La Place
- And, most importantly, training and development programs—because when you grow, we grow with you!
Adventure awaits those up for the challenge. Are you ready to play?