Tasks & Responsibilities
About Spil Games
Spil Games publishes and distributes awesome games on web and mobile devices. We partner with the best game developers and IP owners to get their games the audiences they deserve and we bring consumers some of the most exciting games they’re ever likely to play.
- Spil Games publishes and distributes awesome games through the App Store, Google Play and our web portals. We are on target to hit 200m mobile installs early in 2017.
- Mobile and web casual game developers recognize Spil Games as their publisher of choice. We tell them: “You make the games great; we make sure your games do great”.
- Spil Games is very open source oriented, as a user and contributor.
- We are based in The Netherlands (Hilversum, close to Amsterdam) but our games have a truly global reach.
Tasks and responsibilities
The Revenue Controller is responsible for the timely and accurate reporting of the Company’s revenue in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and International Financial Reporting Standards. Spil Games is currently transitioning from reporting under Dutch GAAP to reporting under IFRS. This is the ideal opportunity for a person who likes to bring structure and optimize a complex revenue environment. The revenue controller will report to the Finance Director.
The core tasks and responsibilities of this position include:
- Determine the monthly revenue and costs provisions;
- Responsible for statutory revenue reporting;
- Apply and implement revenue recognition rules (IFRS) in a non-traditional market as the gaming industry;
- Setup good and structured working routines (audit trails);
- Build strong relationship with Sales department to achieve shared responsibilities for revenue and billing processes;
- Control and improve sales processes and systems;
- Supports AR employee in billing and collection;
- Collaborate with Business Assurance controller to assure we are in line with partner contracts;
- Drive the revenue data flow.
- A HBO/university degree in Accounting/Finance
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar position
- Experience with structuring and organizing a complex revenue environment
- Good Excel knowledge (more complex functions as sum-if, look-up, pivot etc)
- Good understanding of general accounting/ IFRS
- Eagerness to stay up-to-date with tax and accounting rules
- Able to work independently but is also a team player
- Proactive, responsible, and detail oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (Dutch is a plus)
- In possession of a valid working visa for the Netherlands
Why join Spil Games?
Level up your career—be part of a leader in the online gaming industry, where playing games is all part of a day’s work. Spil Games also offers these great benefits:
- A competitive salary and bonus system
- Flexible hours (from 7 AM till 7 PM)
- A pension and collective health insurance plan
- Reimbursement for your daily commute
- Extras, such as a fitness plan and lunch provided by La Place
- And, most importantly, training and development programs—because when you grow, we grow with you!